FAQ Search Register Login

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:18 am 
Duke - Duchess

Well, it HAS been some years since I read this, but if I remember correctly, the stories were more based on the threats to the kingdom and protecting the citizens from them than on any of the relationships. While the homosexuality is blatant, she does not linger on it. There are no extended sex scenes like in most books today. She just displays the relationships as one of loving and caring.

Xerius wrote:
I found the homosexuality in Mark Anthony's The Last Rune series similar, giving the feeling that the story was written, then the relationship was sewn badly enough into the text of the book that the seams stick out.

While, to a certain extent, the relationships in this book where not quite what they should be, I felt that the main relationship between Vanyal and Tylendel was a constant thread throughout. Even in the second and third books, where the bard (cant remember his name) was introduced, you still were able to recognize Ty in him.

Kallysti wrote:
But with the Vanyel story & with just about anything Hawkbrother related she does seem to preach the homosexual love pretty heavily

Well, I do admit with the hawkbrothers, the sexuality is pretty heavy handed. Moreso in the Hawkbrother Legacy books than in the Hearld Mage series I think. I would have to reread both series to be sure tho. Man, my wife is goona just LOVE that I am gonna be re-reading 7 books!